ActionScript Notification Engine is a notification engine built on top of Adobe AIR. With a very simple interface, you can drop it into your own desktop AIR project and use it to deliver messenger-style notifications to your users. It is similar to Growl, but for all platforms supported by AIR.
List of features:
- Ability to display messenger-style toast notifications as well as compact notifications.
- Variable display length for notifications.
- User-presence logic that detects when the user is at the computer. If the user is away, notifications are held on-screen and queued for when the user returns.
- Ability to replay most recent five notifications.
- Individual notification post settings, such as sticky, replayable, custom image, click URL, compact, etc.
- Smart repositioning logic for sticky posts.
- Ability to see a summary notification if user is away for an extended period of time.
- Support for changing the notification images.
- Support for custom styling as well as changing styles on the fly.
// create engine with default settings var notificationManager:NotificationManager = new NotificationManager("/assets/style/dark.swf", // default style "/assets/m6d-magnum-sidearm-50x50.png", // default notification image "/assets/m6d-magnum-sidearm-16x16.png", // default compact notification image "/assets/sounds/drop.mp3" // (optional) default notification sound NotificationConst.DISPLAY_LENGTH_DEFAULT, // (optional) default display length NotificationConst.DISPLAY_LOCATION_AUTO); // (optional) default display location // now that we have an engine, let's create a notification and show it var notification:Notification = new Notification(); notification.title = "Derek ► Jacobim"; notification.message = "What is this? A center for ANTS?!"; notification.image = "/assets/images/profile/derek/avatar.png"; notification.link = "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6GqqIvfSVQ"; notification.isCompact = false; notification.isSticky = false; notification.isReplayable = true; notificationManager.showNotification(notification); // we can also show notifications quickly using this API too notificationManager.show("Derek Zoolander Foundation", "Now open!", "/assets/images/dzf-logo-50x50.png");