As3-Signals is a new approach for AS3 events, inspired by C# events and signals/slots in Qt. Signals are light-weight, strongly-typed AS3 messaging tools. The main idea is:
- A Signal is essentially a mini-dispatcher specific to one event, with its own array of listeners;
- A Signal gives an event a concrete membership in a class;
- Listeners subscribe to real objects, not to string-based channels;
- Event string constants are no longer needed;
- Signals are inspired by C# events and signals/slots in Qt.
// with EventDispatcher button.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, onClick); // Signal equivalent; past tense is recommended button.clicked.add(onClicked);