Pomelo is a fast, scalable game server framework for node.js. It provides the basic development framework and a lot of related components, including libraries and tools. It is also suitable for realtime web application, its distributed architecture makes it scales better than other realtime web framework.
- High scalable multi-process architecture, supporting MMO based area partition and other partition strategies
- Easy extention mechnisam, you can scale up your server types and server instances conveniently.
- Easy request, response, broadcast and rpc mechnisam, almost zero configuration.
- Focus on performance, a lot of stress testing and tune in performance and scalability
- Providing a lot tools and libraries, which are quite useful for game development.
- Providing full MMO demo code(html5 client), for good development reference.
- Based on socket.io, which means it can support all the clients that compatible with socket.io.