TweenLite is an extremely fast, lightweight, and flexible tweening engine that serves as the foundation of the GreenSock Tweening Platform. Some of its features:
- Speed: highly optimized for maximum performance
- Feature set: in addition to tweening any numeric property of any object, TweenLite can tween filters, hex colors, volume, tint, frames, and even do bezier tweening, plus LOTS more.
- Expandability: with its plugin architecture, you can activate as many (or as few) features as your project requires
- Sequencing, grouping, and management features: TimelineLite and TimelineMax make it surprisingly simple to create complex sequences or groups of tweens that you can control as a whole.
- Ease of use: designers and Developers alike rave about how intuitive the platform is.
Eaze Tween is a smart, fast, chainable and compact Flash AS3 tweening library. It was designed to:
- bring back lightness and simplicity in Flash tweening,
- introduce a smartest syntax and event system,
- provide the best performance compromise,
- with minimal classes quantity and no dependencies.
The result is a compact (~4Kb raw engine and ~9Kb with all plugins), highly optimized library, with a jQuery-like syntax.
PreLoader has an integrated loader queue which allows one loading process at a time. It also has some convenient features like smoothing images when scaling them down. Some of its features:
- Having a super easy loading queue that enables you to always fill the bandwidth of the user.
- Change the queue during runtime by calling loadNext(), loadAfter() and loadImmediately().
- Work with the PreLoader just like with the well known Loader – only with some small but time saving improvements.
RedDwarf Server is a horizontally scalable application server for low latency applications such as online games, virtual worlds, and social networking applications. It is the official community fork for Project Darkstar, previously sponsored by Sun Microsystems, Inc. RedDwarf is a server side technology written in Java that radically simplifies the development of online games and lowers the barrier to entry into the MMOG market.
Hamcrest-as3 is a port of hamcrest to ActionScript 3, a library of matcher objects (also known as constraints or predicates) allowing ‘match’ rules to be defined declaratively, to be used in other frameworks. Typical scenarios include testing frameworks, mocking libraries and UI validation rules.
As3 RPC lib is a set of libraries that can be used with Flex to invoke remote procedure calls using:
- AMF0 (Flash Remoting MX)
- JSON-RPC (Coming Soon)
Usage mimics the RemoteObject which is available natively in Flex 2 in an effort to make usage in existing frameworks (e.g. Cairngorm) and design pattern (e.g. Token pattern) easy as possible.
XPath-AS3 is an implementation of XPath in AS3. It has support for namespaces and a useful way to extend the context of each query.
Seesmic-AS3-XMPP is an all new XMPP 1.0 compliant library for Flash 9+. It features an easy to understand event-driven style, starttls support (using a modified Hurlant TLS lib), and a plugin based architecture for easy extending.
As3kinect is a set of libs and programs that allows AS3 code to interact with Microsoft’s Kinect.
- 3 sockets (data, rgb, depth)
- RGB Camera.
- Depth Camera. (Depth limit for ease hand detection now, will be configurable).
- Motor tilt in degrees (-31 to 31)
- Led color state (Not yet)
- Accelerometer info.
- Blob detection
- Touch events
fxSpy inspect, edit and monitor your Flex application’s components properties and styles. It allows you to inspect and dynamically change most properties and styles of the visual components of a Flex application. You can – for example – try out a specific width or a background color for your component before changing it in your code.
These days I received an e-mail from Christophe, a French Flash game developer who have created a site similar to AS3 Game Gears. Christophe pointed out some really nice tools that I didn’t know. I already added them to my list and soon they will appear in the site under the new UI section.
Thanks Christophe for the help!
Recently AS3GameGears was cited on Freelancer’s Flash Games, a pretty cool blog about Flash game development. It’s on my favorite RSS feeds and it’s a one-stop place for every Flash developers out there.
This post is just a quick note to say thanks to Ryan, Freelancer’s Flash Games blog owner I’ve been receiving visitors from there during the last days. I hope you all enjoy As3GameGears as well!
BTween is a tweening and sequencing for AS3 and Haxe. The minimal footprint is around 3k, making it light enough to be used in banners or other weight-sensitive uses. The API is also meant to be easily extensible, you can actually code your own extension in a few minutes, implementing an interface.