FZip is a library to load, modify and create standard ZIP archives. It parses ZIP archives progressively, allowing access to contained files while the archive is loading.
QueueLoader is a linear asset loading tool with progress monitoring. It’s largely used to load a sequence of images or a set of external assets in one step.
FLARToolKit recognize the marker from input image and calculate its orientation and position in 3D. It is an AS3 ported version of ARToolKit and it is also based on NyARToolkit, Java ported version of ARToolKit .
It includes helper classes for major flash 3D engines (Papervision3D, Away3D, Sandy, Alternativa3D), but you still need to draw your 3D graphics. Papervision3D is used in starter-kit.
The August issue of Flash & Flex Developer’s Magazine is available! This issue has a special meaning for me because I wrote an article about the communication protocols of the Smartfox Server. It was my first time writing a non-scientific article The article was about a project I worked a few months ago.
Back then I had to try different Smartfox protocols to measure performance problems. I collected some data that I felt could be useful for other developers. I am pleased I could share that information with the community through FFDmag. I hope you all enjoy the magazine and my article!
AS3 A* is an implementation of the A* path-finding algorithm in Actionscript 3.
Audiovision is an AS3 library for visualizing audio in Flash Player 10.
Audiophile is an AS3 library for generating dynamic audio in Flash Player 10.
Simple Class Generator allows you to create Actionscript 3.0 bound movie clip classes or document classes in an wizard-like way.
- Create public and private variables.
- Create setter and getters for private variables.
- Create public and private methods
- Create event functions.
- Add custom actionscript code to your constructor, methods, event handlers and setters.
- Add helpful code snippets.
- Inspectable tags for component classes.
- ASDoc tags for constructor and public methods.
- Copy classes to your clipboard and save them in actionscript files (.as) for further editing in the Flash IDE.
I am pleased to announce our new outfit and this blog area! Even though I liked the old theme I always felt like something was missing because it wasn’t unique. This new theme is far from being perfect, but it was made by me (at least a few things were :D). I must fix and to improve lots of things, but there’s no need to rush.
About the blog area it was not a new idea. I’ve been wondering about this during the past few months, however I had no free time to make it come true. Until today! I hope you like it.
Collision Detection Kit is a package of classes for pixel-precise, shape-based collision detection for all display objects. It comes with several features to control how collisions are detected, and provides data for the user of the kit so they can do something about the collision.
Features include setting alpha thresholds and color exclusions, retrieving information on the pixels involved in the collision, and a returned angle of collision calculated from the shapes of the display objects at the site of the collision.
Player.IO makes it easy and fun to build scalable web games by providing easy to use services for game developers:
- Hosted Multiplayer Service
- Error Logging
FlashDevelop is a free and open source code editor. Some of its features:
- Supports three languages: ActionScript 2, ActionScript 3 & MXML and HaXe.
- Brilliant Actionscript Code Completion (IntelliSense) and code generators.
- Code completion for XML, MXML and HTML
- Code navigation (jump to declaration), just pressing F4/Shift-F4.
- Easy integration with Flash and command line compilers, just using Ctrl+Enter to compile.
- Integrated Project Manager to handle all the project assets, properties and files.
- Smart project templates to quickly get started.
- Instant swf building with MTASC or MXMLC using custom comment tag @mtasc/@mxmlc.
- Easy to use Context API search.
- Customized GUI for AS2API & ASDocs documentation generators.
FDT is a powerful Flash development environment for Actionscript 2, 3 and MXML. It is an editor built from the ground-up to support the needs of ActionScript developers, built by Flash developers for Flash developers. With highly efficient and time-saving features, FDT enhances your workflow while increasing your productivity.
Maashaack is an ActionScript 3 framework, tools, libraries and utilities.
VEGAS is an AS3, AS2 and SSAS OpenSource Framework.